RE: Throttle Position Sensor

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Fri Aug 24 2007 - 23:55:29 EDT

See them go out quite often at the dealership. Common "side effects":
surging, poor throttle response, trans shifting issues, idle issues. If the
throttle is sticking at 2000rpm, I'd be also looking at the throttle body
and vacuum leaks as well. The TPS can raise the idle a little bit, but not
that much - PCM will look at the initial TPS value (key on/engine off) and
will use that as a "minimum TPS reading".

- Bernd