Re: Yeah, more Ram complaning...

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Sun Aug 26 2007 - 05:28:25 EDT

--- Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:

> I'm still trying to capture sensor data when the
> truck flips out... it
> did it again... and I didn't have the scanner hooked
> up... I'm going to
> just have it hooked up all the time now when I drive
> it - heck with it...
>
> but now its doing something new... its freak out
> session lasted longer
> this time... and afterwards the idle is way high...
> its as if the IAC
> motor isn't kicking down when it should. you just
> tap the throttle and
> the RPMs jump up to 1100 or so and just sit there -
> gotta hold my foot
> down on the brakes otherwise it will just take off.
> After a few seconds
> it idles down but anytime you hit the gas even so
> slightly it kicks up
> again. And I can clearly hear air sucking through
> the K+N FIPK when it
> does it.
>
> I'm eyeing a 99 Chevy Suburban... $9000... the more
> the Ram pisses me
> off the more that Chevy looks like a better, more
> versatile rig.

Say it ain't so Tom! Garbage Motors??!!???!!!!! I can
talk smack about all the big three, I bought a Dodge
truck from a Ford dealer whilst I was employed as a
contract employee at GM! Stick with the Dodge! you
wind up with loads less headaches! Remember! You live
in Dodge country, on a quiet night you can hear that
Submarin----err Suburban rusting!

All kidding and joking aside, you've checked every
sensor on the freaking thing and all seem to be
behaving normally, right? I had a customer when I
worked at AZ have exactly the same problem. Was even
ready to trade in the car for a (gulp!) Kia! I talked
them into trying one last thing and it fixed the
problem. After they had spent untold hundreds of
dollars on diagnostics, sensor replacements, tune-up
parts, more sensors, you get the idea. The PCM was
bad! Know anyone with a spare PCM you can plug in and
see if it fixes any of the problems? Even if you get
one from a junkyard and it behaves differently, you
might know you're looking in the right direction.

Might be worth a shot to at least pull the connector
off the PCM and make sure all the pins are straight
and clean anyway.

Ray