Re: Re: Exhaust for '95

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Mon Aug 27 2007 - 10:20:17 EDT

clhyer@cox.net wrote:

> John & Tom,
> Don't put the Flowmaster 50 on a V-6. I did that last year, it was so quiet that I wasn't sure the truck was running! Took it back and had them put the 40 series on - much, much better! Nice growl at idle, and it's not too loud at speed inside. Go with the 40...
> Cal

Guess I should have clarified a little more. I was not advocating
putting a Flowmaster 50 on a V6. I was saying I wanted it on a V8 - my
Ram has a 360. You say its quiet? I remember hearing a Dakota R/T with
what I thoguht was a Flowmaster 50 series and it was pretty throaty.
Thats why I was thinking I wanted to go with that 50 series for the Ram.
  This Dynomax SuperTurbo is their quietist muffler and its too quiet
for me. Has a nice burble at idle - but thats about it. I have a
Flowmaster 40 Delta series on Christine's 318 V8, and that sounds pretty
awesome, but I wanted something a step more mellow than a 40 series for
the Ram. Guess I try again.

I still maintain that the Gibson that Josh Battles has on his 3.9 V6 Dak
is the best thing I've heard on any V6. I'd ask him just what series
muffler he has.

> Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 23:04:14 -0500
> From: Terrible Tom <SilverEightynine@aol.com>
>
> I have a Dynomax superturbo on my Ram... its a good muffler if you are
> looking for a nice little burble at idle, and its pretty quiet under
> WOT... interior resonance is still there but its not obnoxious.
>
> Its too quiet for my tastes heh - coming off almost 4 years of a
> mufflerless straight pipe exhaust, I suppose anything would be "too
> quiet" - I really wanted a flowmaster 50 series. I think I'll get one
> eventually.
>
> Anyway... for anyone who is not a lunatic and wants a good muffler - I
> would say Dynomax would be a strong choice... they do make more
> agressive mufflers too, but with a V6 - you have to be careful what you
> ut on or else you'll end up sounding like a Honda lawnmower on speed.
>
> Josh Battles has I think a gibson? It sounds really good... if I had a
> six again, I would want it to sound like his truck.

50 seconds of pleasure, 50 years of regret...
Wookiee Love is pointless - Anarchy Steering Committee
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine