Re: More scan tool data from the Ram

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 01:13:04 EDT

SilverEightynine@aol.com wrote:

> Ok I haad a nice long description around the events of this next data log

> http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/01_ram_scandata_2.txt

   I've posted the above data (and also the data that Tom posted on
the 27th) in spreadsheet format at:

http://www.jonsteiger.com/scan/out

  .csv is a comma delimited text file, which can be opened by, or
imported into any spreadsheet program (such as Excel). I thought with
the data in that format, it would be a lot easier to read and detect
trends for anybody who is trying to help Tom to diagnose his problem.
With it in spreadsheet format, somebody could even create graphs and
such, were they so inclined.

   BTW Tom, I wrote a script to do the conversion, so if you have any
additional data logs that you want to post, it is a very easy and
quick process for me to convert them for you, if you like. I can
either post them on my web site as I have done above, and/or can
e-mail them to you.

> But something happened when I clicked submit on the web gateway... and the
> message seems to have vanished.

   Argh! I hate when that happens! Filling in text forms on the web
is the worst! Whenver I have to do that, like if I'm asking a seller
a question or answering a question on eBay, every now and again, I'll
do a control-a (to select all the text in the box) then control-c to
copy it to the clipboard. That way, if I accidentally hit escape or
something goes wrong during the submit, I can just paste (control-v)
it back into the text box and I haven't lost anything, unless the
entire computer crashes of course. At any rate, you have my
condolences, that exact scenario has happened to me more times than I
care to remember! :-(

--
                                          -Jon-