Re: Coolant leaking from water pump shaft. A Ticking Timebomb?

From: hskr@san.rr.com
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 16:46:55 EDT

Ticking time bomb?? Depends on what you consider a time bomb. The
shaft will not break and it won't come apart. It may stop pumping
coolant leading to your engine overheating and possible damage from
overheating. Personally, I'd replace it as soon as possible. Take a
couple hours at most to replace it and shouldn't be more than $50-$70
for a new waterpump and gasket.

Brian