Coolant leaking from water pump shaft. A Ticking Timebomb?

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 30 2007 - 15:29:31 EDT

Well, I discovered a slight coolant on Sunday. It seems to be coming from under the
water pump hub. I assume its the shaft that's where its coming out from.

Is this leading quickly to a catastrophic water pump failure? the kind where the shaft
breaks and everything lets loose? :(

Is this a ticking timebomb?

I'm trying gauge whether or not I can afford to drive the truck in this condition until
the weekend.

-dan k

Dan K.

Vehicle: 1992 Dakota Club Cab LE Color: Two-tone silver Engine: 5.2L EFI
Mods: Home-brew CAI, K&N Filters, 180* T-stat, relocated IAT, DynoMax Super Turbo Exhaust Kit, Hi-Flow Cat, Autolite Platinum plugs, 8mm wires, Gates hoses and belts.
Photo: http://static.flickr.com/42/84856795_c18903d10f.jpg
Whats Next: Mopar Performance PCM, March pullies, 3.91 rear gear with LSD, electric fan, KYB shocks, re-paint body, 2/4 drop kit.

Luggage? GPS? Comic books?