Ground problem

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2007 - 14:20:17 EDT

I've got an electrical ground problem related to the rear lights on my
Dak. I looked around for a loose ground wire, shaked and shimmied some
connectors, checked bulbs, and when my bulb housings started flaking
apart (rust) I got frustrated and gave up. Are there any specific
places I should look... maybe based on symptoms?

When I brake, the left light lights, but the right light doesn't. With
running lights on, the left brake filament lights, but both right
filaments go out (meaning the signal filament goes out and the brake
filament just doesn't light). The bulbs are fine. My reverse lights
don't light, but I'm not sure whether it's related or the tranny
switch is bad. When I hook up a trailer, it becomes a light show back
there... and if I remember right, the reverse lights start lighting
when I hit the brakes (my dad tells me this, I haven't seen it for
myself).

Any ideas? I haven't taken out the wiring schematics yet... I should
have dug into it more, but I got frustrated w/ the dern rust.

Thanks!
Don in CT
89 DakVert 318 NV3500 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340