'89 Clutch

From: Pindell, Tim P (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 05 2007 - 14:09:04 EDT

Victim:
'89 2.5 TBI
AX-15 5-speed
71K-ish miles

I have a quarter-to-half inch of play at end of the pedal before it
starts to act on the push rod and the trans has a hard time going into
gear, engine running, as if the clutch was not completely disengaging.
Is there supposed to be a bushing between the clutch pedal pin and the
clutch master cylinder push rod? If so, is there a part number for it?
I might be losing some clutch travel if that bushing is missing/worn. I
flushed the hydraulics with new brake fluid and bled the system with the
help of my very understanding spousal-unit. The problem "seems" to have
improved but I have not ruled out the placebo effect.

Tim