Transfer case problems 2

From: Dustin Williams (dustinewilliams@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2007 - 16:25:51 EDT

Some of you may recall my blown transfer case back in April. Well, I
got a used one for a really good price and got it all in and running
two days before leaving the country for two months. Coincidentally the
x-fer case had a two month warranty on it. So less than three weeks
after I got back I made the move back to the Northwest and the x-fer
case blew up on me out in the Middle of the desert in Northern Nevada
about half way between Wennemucca, NV and Lakeview, OR.

Some of the locals towed me back to Denio Junction where I spent the
night. The next day my Dad drove out with his Ram and a car trailer
and we towed the Dakota back to Southern Oregon. I've spent the last
two weeks or so since then running between job interviews all over the
Northwest and today I finally ordered a REBUILT transfer case with a
ONE YEAR warranty. Hopefully I'll be able to get it back on the road
next week after I get back from a second round interview in LA on the
11th, yes I'm flying to LAX and back on 9/11 and the funny thing is
there's an extra security tax that applies on that day, but what do I
care, they're paying to fly me down.

It's starting to seem like my truck's natural position is up on jack
stands....but this is getting really, really old.

Dustin