March pullies ( was: FSM and water pump.... )

From: Dan Kramarsky (dkramarsky68@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Sep 08 2007 - 14:25:41 EDT

Ok, The water pump exercise has exploded into a re-do of the whole belt drive system!!
 LOL!

Ok, this is what I purchased ( and has arrived in my shop ) thus far.

- A1-Cardone re-man water pump #58-447 ( the bolt-on pulley type )
- fel-pro water pump gasket #35540
- Gates automatic tensioner pulley #38016 ( just the pulley. tensioner arm seems fine.
index mark is very close to index arrow with a new belt installed. )
- Gates idler pulley #38033

so far all the parts thus far look like a dead on match.

What I want to do now is install the March Pulley set. But I got 3 questions..

1.) I dont know what set to go with?
   a.) Performance Series
   b.) Power and Amp Series

2.) I don't know what length Gates serpentine belt goes with each set?

3.) Should I get the March Power Steering Pulley #645 as well. I mean, is this just a
dress-up pulley ( no change in ratio ) or is this a real performance part ( changes the
ratio ) ????

link to the March power steering pulley #645:
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10002_245694_-1

thanks in advance!

-dan

Dan K.

Vehicle: 1992 Dakota Club Cab LE Color: Two-tone silver Engine: 5.2L EFI
Mods: Home-brew CAI, K&N Filters, 180* T-stat, relocated IAT, DynoMax Super Turbo Exhaust Kit, Hi-Flow Cat, Autolite Platinum plugs, 8mm wires, Gates hoses and belts.
Photo: http://static.flickr.com/42/84856795_c18903d10f.jpg
Whats Next: Mopar Performance PCM, March pullies, 3.91 rear gear with LSD, electric fan, KYB shocks, re-paint body, 2/4 drop kit.

http://tv.yahoo.com/