RE: March pullies ( was: FSM and water pump.... )

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2007 - 08:28:46 EDT

<snip>

> What I want to do now is install the March Pulley set. But I got 3
> questions..
>

> 1.) I dont know what set to go with?
> a.) Performance Series
> b.) Power and Amp Series

I've used both. Go with the Power & Amp series (10515). Charging at idle
is much better and performance gain is nearly the same. They're worth a
solid tenth of a second and one mph in the quarter along with a little
better fuel economy at highway speeds. While the P&A series will charge at
idle, it won't be quite as much as stock pullies and may not be what you
want if you do a LOT of stop & go driving with lights and AC on. I deal
with it by shifting to neutral while stopped in those conditions...but then
again I have dual electric fans that pull a lot of amps.

> 2.) I don't know what length Gates serpentine belt goes with each set?

If you end up getting the P&A pullies I'll walk out to the garage and get
the number for you off my belt.

> 3.) Should I get the March Power Steering Pulley #645 as well.

It's just dress up. Save your money.

link to the March site...
http://www.marchperf.com/pg46.html

Ray