hernia repairs

From: mike_burgess@yahoo.com
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 01:38:55 EDT

From: Barry Oliver <barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com>
Holy Smokes, tell him he's a wuss. I had hernia surgury 4 years ago and
was back at work the NEXT day. Literally, I only took off the day of
the surgury, and when I went to work the next day, I was on nothing
stronger than OTC advil. I have witnesses.

ACK! - either Barry is superman, or has no neurons.
 I just had a double, laproscopic inguinal hernia repair, with 2, 4"x6" mesh patches installed.
I was so swollen, I could not put on underwear for a week, and 2 more weeks to go back to work. I think it varies depending on the particular operation.
  Mike (lurking in Los Angeles)

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)