RE: 2000 Dakota 2WD front brakes

From: Ned Buckmaster (Ned@Buckmaster.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 04:19:42 EDT

> Did the piston compress into the bore?

Yes - slid back it nicely.

>I've seen issues where the hose failed internally, and wouldn't let the
>brake fluid back out... so the piston wasn't backing off when the brakes
>were released.

Brake hoses sound like a good thing to try - I've got stainless hoses on my
other vehicles and like the difference in peddle feel. Goodridge makes a kit
for 2000 2WD Durango, but not for Dakota. I thought they were the same under
the skin. Is the difference in the front, back, or both, you think? If the
front is the same, I'll get the kit and do half - the back of my truck has
drums on it anyway, and apparently do nothing. The original shoes still have
plenty of material left.

Ned