Re: Parting out 1989 4x4 convertible

From: sneezer@gmail.com
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 09:45:16 EDT

> heh - I agree with what Jon said.
>
> Ya should have let us know you didn't want the truck - I'm sure we could
> have found it a home! And certainly the tranny issue wouldn't be the
> end of it all? So it had an AX15 - so what?

I did not want to risk an AX-15 of unknown mileage and condition behind a 360.
It is borderline with a 318, and most will say to never put it behind a 318
anyway. IMO a 360 was out of the question. I would never have tried to drive it
with that tranny behind it.

Had I known a month earlier about this I would have tried to find a buyer for
the whole truck. However, I only recently found out about the tranny this last
week, and our finances have taken a nose dive. With my son's birthday coming up
my family takes priority, not my plans to finish this truck. I am close to
getting my 92 back on the road, still have a balky Lebaron I drive everyday,
and a motorcycle that needs some work. Circumstances just did not work out -
the truck HAS to be gone by the end of the month, and we need the money to fix
stuff that has broken around the house, etc. As a result I need to get it moved
quickly, not keep it around for a couple months waiting for a buyer, even if it
is for more money than I might get by parting it out. I don't have the space to
keep multiple project vehicles, city ordinances don't like disabled ones for
any length of time, and having my 92 down for so long is pushing my luck.

Kevin