Re: 2000 Dakota 2WD front brakes

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Sep 11 2007 - 18:49:00 EDT

Hey, Rascal!

<> 100% agree Bob. Our Daks did it at almost the same time as well, but you
 are exactly right. There is a precisely set adjuster on the booster that
 has come loose on your booster and is backing out, thus taking up your
pedal
 so the pistons cannot back off fully. The booster has failed and will have
 to be replaced. My guess is that you even have fluid forced into the
 booster from the master cylinder and this is a very bad thing. Sorry, I
was
 not around much yesterday or I would have chimed in Bob.<>

I kinda figgered you were up to something...It's to the point where I RARELY
get to respond to common problems before you do!

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +
V-6 4 x 4 5 speed