Re: Cold Starts causes Check Engine Light + LIMP mode

From: rws (rwsam2002@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2007 - 05:20:13 EDT

Hi WiLieR & Bernd,

Re: auto or manual -- it's auto trans.

I will check the ECT sensor and FI wiring and see if
it solves the problem. NAPA said they had the ECT
sensor and was ~$14. Guess I need to drain the
coolant by at least half to prevent it from coming out
of the sensor port.

What do splices look like, crimp style or a Faston
type?
If I read 12v at each FI connector, that means it is
working correctly, right? Likewise, if I measure
resistance to ground on the other FI terminal it
should be zero, right? I may have to pierce the
insulation to measure 12v while engine is running, is
that OK?

On the wiring diagram the FI's grounds are two places,
one with 8
connections and the other with 7 connections - any
idea where the ground points are located?

I'm also going to clean the TB air horn that has more
carbon on it that I expected. It may be affecting the
IAC motor. I will remove it from the intake manifold
to do the cleaning.

Ron

http://farechase.yahoo.com/