Re: Re: RE: Re: Cold Starts causes Check Engine Light + LIMP mode

From: WiLieR[SS] (waffle787@gmail.com)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2007 - 17:58:44 EDT

It will be in the large bundle that is wrapped in the plastic tubing
which is wrapped with the fabric tape. The way I found mine was just
wrapped in electrical tape within the bundle. The copper ring reminds
of what can be found in home wiring when connecting the bare grounding
wires in terminal boxes. They are not ring lugs like you find on
power buses, ground wire, etc... On my 96 they were literally little
copper rings that the bare stripped end of wires were inserted into
and then the ring was crimped down to make the connection. Sort of
like a crimp quick connect connection minus the plastic sleeve and the
inner metal tube only being about 1/4" long. It was squished flat and
that was all the connection there was between the wires. No silicon
goop to protect the copper ring or anything, just a few twists of
standard pvc based electrical tape.

I was far from impressed by the quality of design with these splices.
What scares me most is that all the other splices on the dakota are
probably done the same way, which means I will eventually get to enjoy
finding them and rebuilding them as well.

WiLieR