Re: [!! SPAM] RE: RE: Re: Cold Starts causes Check Engine Light + LIMP mode

From: Biff Byrum (bbyrum9@foothill.net)
Date: Fri Sep 14 2007 - 19:43:28 EDT

Yes, a 94 should have one. It's on the speedo output hole on the tailshaft.
The sensor below no. 6 or 8 cyl. is the crankshaft position sensor. Your
measuements seem to be ok. I'm still baffled by your throwing a light as
soon as you start up.

I've had 2 pickup plates go bad. They are intermittent but do not affect
driveability when working. They should not send you into limp mode.In fact I
don't know what would do that before you reach closed loop, or 100 F for the
coolant temp. I'm guessing that the code 27 is accurate, but I can't explain
why it goes away when warm. Biff Byrum.