RE: OT: Network / Server

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@dodgetrucks.org)
Date: Sat Sep 15 2007 - 01:35:43 EDT

Data is Data....you can loose it either way. All of my family pics, MP3's,
Video's, Movies, and system images are all backed up via Non-RAID system and
removeable media...for much less than the cost of a NAS unit. So how secure
is it...well, the system images are in the safe and the backup HD's that I
use are split in between work and home (one in my toolbox and one on my desk
at home). Even if my PC catches on fire and everything is destroyed...I
have a backup with a 10 minute system rebuid. Can't say that most
corporations can rebuild a system that quick. :)

- Bernd