Re: Re: '95 dakota 5.2L 4x4 ball joint replacement

From: SilverEightynine@aol.com
Date: Mon Sep 17 2007 - 21:33:47 EDT

In article <f41ff3ad0709171039j38c1d57cj619e17d0c9e1d37d@mail.gmail.com>,
radon220@gmail.com ("Don Rey") writes:

> On Daks, it's the huge breaker bar method with wheels still on the ground.
>
> To torque them back on, use the same breaker bar setup and divide the
> torque spec by your weight to figure out the distance from the center
> of the nut you should stand on the breaker while it's horizontal.
>
> Don in CT

Or just rent a torque wrench from a local AutoZone.

And before ya say "oh those things are not calibrated right" - THe torque
wrenches we had at AZ usually never lasted long - not because of the quality of
the wrench - they are actually a good quality tool - but people abuse the crap
out of them. Odds are you'll fine an AZ with a torque wrench in good shape.
If it looks like crap - tell them to get another one.

Terrible Tom