Re: 2001 4WD - Ok to remove the front driveshaft?

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2007 - 22:14:19 EDT

On Monday 17 September 2007 08:30 pm, SilverEightynine@aol.com wrote:
> Yes I see that now after having read the posts today. Heh. a "double
> cardan" set up is what is on the front drive shaft - sometimes called a "CV
> Joint".

Well, whatever you call it, I took it off last night. The four 15mm bolts on
the front flange were a b*tch to get loose, being coated in Loctite Blue. The
six 8mm bolts on the rear flange were no big deal.

Drove it up to the driveshaft shop today that said that they'd be able to
repair it. Found out that they can't. Gotta buy a whole new driveshaft
assembly from Rockford ($240) instead. Supposed to be arriving on Monday, but
then I gotta drive up there again to pick it up.

Oh, well. Anybody need a doorstop?