Re: So just who WILL be @ Daktoberfest?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Sep 23 2007 - 17:01:58 EDT

Jason Bleazard <dml@bleazard.net> wrote:

> Don Rey wrote:
>>
>> I have an older GPS unit... do you have a newer one w/ (crap forgot
>> the terminology) that newfangled higher resolution better
>> "between-buildings" and "under trees" reception? (been a while since
>> I've looked at GPS stuff... dern house takes all my time)

> Nope, I have a Garmin eMap, which they discontinued about 5 years ago.
> It works great for me. I did buy an external antenna for it that sticks
> magnetically to the roof, that seems to help out quite a bit in the trees.

   The last sort've improvement technology that I know of was WAAS,
I'm not sure if that is what Don is referring to or not. Its been a
while since I have looked at GPS units though, so there might be
something that has come out since then. I've had my GPS for around 4
years now, and it is WAAS enabled. (I'm not sure what WAAS is or what
it stands for and I am too busy to go look it up at the moment, but
there's always Google for that in case anyone is curious.) :-)

--
                                          -Jon-