Re: RE: Re: Vacuum 101

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 23 2007 - 17:05:09 EDT

jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:

> Phil Jenkins <bugnik@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Ok, I hook up my scanner with engine off. I have 29"
>>of barometric pressure from MAP sensor. Start truck,
>>at idle I have about 11" showing on the scanner.
>>29-11=18" of vacuum. I plug the exhaust and have 20"
>>on the scanner. 29-20=9" of vacuum. Less vacuum with
>>exhaust plugged, higher reading on scanner. Does that
>>sound right? (Pouring some gasoline on the fire.)
>

> Your results are exactly what I would expect to happen, yep!

So what does all this mean in relation to the scan tool data that I
recorded from my Ram?

http://www.jonsteiger.com/scan/out

^^^ Jons spread sheet format

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/01_ram_scandata.txt

^^^ first reading

http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/01_ram_scandata_2.txt

^^^ 2nd reading...

I see consistant radings where I accelerate (TPS percentage increases,
RPM increases) and the MAP sensor value decreases?

Refresh my memory here... the higher the number value that the MAP
reports - the more vacuum? And the lower the value - the closer the
manifold is to external air pressure levels? (meaning less negative vacuum)

Right?

50 seconds of pleasure, 50 years of regret...
Wookiee Love is pointless - Anarchy Steering Committee
AIM & Yahoo: SilverEightynine