RE: Re: Vacuum 101

From: Zito, James A \(GE Infra, Energy\) (james.zito@ge.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 10:31:43 EDT

>From Jon

Anyway, this is sort've similar except that Bernd is the one saying
that his applied experience runs contrary to my theory. :-) That's
part of what is so surreal about this, and the reason why I went
searching for some answers. I discovered that the technical/auto repair
web sites that I found were in line with my theory however, that a
clogged cat reduces vacuum rather than increases it. That makes me
feel better that I'm not off my rocker, but it doesn't do anything to
help resolve the situation. :-)

-------------------

/sheriff from cool hand luke
WHAT WHHHEEEEEE HAVE HEAHH IS A FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE
/sheriff from cool hand luke

What I think is trying to be said is as follows:
1. MAP reading increases with a clogged cat.
b. MAP provides a reading which indicates ABSOLUTE pressure (0"Hg= some one in deep space, 28-31"Hg = someone at the surface of the earth [at least most places there])
iii. High vacuum would be a low MAP reading.
IV. Low vacuum would be a high MAP reading.
5. Vacuum gages work the other way around.

and finally as we all know Mommy Nature abhors a vacuum.........

Jim
03 cc dak missing 2 pistons