RE: OT: Dual Hard Drives

From: Pindell, Tim P (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 16:08:55 EDT

Given the choice, I like to put my swap files on a different physical
disk. It helps especially if your disk subsystem is the bottleneck to
performance (a large possibility on a laptop). Of course, a lot depends
on what you're up to. Depending on what your data files are, and what
your doing with them, it may not matter. It may take some
experimentation on the part of the user.