Weird problem.....

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Sep 24 2007 - 21:55:50 EDT

The strangest thing happened a while ago while I was
driving my Dak (2001 Sport RC 4.7 45RFE 4X4).

I was at a stoplight,and the light changed from red to
green. But then things got even weirder! I applied the
throttle as I have done in the past,but something
happened that I've seen before,but now in a much more
pronounced way. The entire rear of the truck kicked
sideways and I heard a horrible screeching sound! So
naturally,I safely pulled over to the curb and got out
of the vehicle to inspect both it and the street for
damage,and I was astounded at what I found:

There on the street were two perpendicular black
deposits,rather squiggly in appearance,spaced perhaps
five feet apart. They looked to be the approximate
width of a tire,but I ruled out any such association
due to the fact that tires are round and these marks
were not. They were flat. Could they be carbon
deposits? Do I need to have my engine checked? I try
not to check it unless the light tells me to. I really
need some advice here! I'm afraid of the truck again
and I parked it for an indeterminate amount of days.
Too fast. I called the dealer and all they did was
laugh and then hung up,obviously having seen this
problem before and having no clue how to deal with it!
5-star....phooey!

Anybody know what to do?

Thanks!

Steve P.