Re: RE: Weird problem.....

From: Don Rey (radon220@gmail.com)
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 07:14:24 EDT

> P.S. I drove the work Dak (which has a badly-running
> 3.9 in it) all day,and I wish I could describe the
> difference between the two trucks. I'd like to have
> the 3.9 dynoed. It would be about 90 RWHP.

What year is the work truck? 3.9 Magnum? My Dak had the premag 3.9
before my swap and I definitley know what you mean. What a pig. If I
didn't hit an incline at 70mph+ I would lose speed climbing with the
pedal to the floor... on bad hills, I'd be doing 40 by the time I
reached the top. Like you said, dropping to 3rd (before the
transmission decided it was time) would help a little. I could do a
pegleg burnout in reverse though.

Don in CT
89 DakVert 5.2 5spd 4x4
74 Dart Sport 340