Re: USB PC LAB Scope for automotive testing do they exist for ~ $200?

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2007 - 21:49:43 EDT

On Monday 01 October 2007 12:40 pm, rws wrote:
> Picoscope has a USB PC Scope and the price is getting lower @ ~ $400.00

You can pick up a used Tek scope for less than half of that on eBay. I paid
something like $50 for my 4-channel Tek. If I remember right, the shipping on
it was more than the 'scope itself.

> There must be some open source s/w that one can have but there will be
> a price to pay for the h/w interface.

There's no free 'scope software, because all the real work here is in the
hardware.

> Anybody use a scope for automotive analysis?

Not so far, no. I use it for my other hobby. But, on the off chance that I
ever need one for the cars, I have it here.