Re: USB PC LAB Scope for automotive testing do they exist for ~ $200?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Oct 02 2007 - 17:27:38 EDT

David Gersic <info@zaccaria-pinball.com> wrote:

> On Monday 01 October 2007 12:40 pm, rws wrote:
>> Picoscope has a USB PC Scope and the price is getting lower @ ~ $400.00

> You can pick up a used Tek scope for less than half of that on eBay. I paid
> something like $50 for my 4-channel Tek. If I remember right, the shipping on
> it was more than the 'scope itself.

   That certainly sounds like a better bang for the buck, I'm guessing
its 100Mhz or so? Unfortunately, the brands, capabilities, etc. for
scopes are really daunting so unless you really know what you're
doing, an eBay purchase is probably a crap shoot. :-( Especially
when you consider that you can't get support or parts for a lot of
"older" scopes, which is generally what you are going to find on eBay.

   I'd really like to pick up a scope myself, but I just don't know
enough about them to make an informed purchase. :-(

--
                                          -Jon-