Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 94 Dak 5.2L Cat Converter Air Pump or Air Switch Valve?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Oct 02 2007 - 17:14:46 EDT

rws <rwsam2002@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm going to look at the EGR valve today. NAPA said they are currently
> selling @ ~ $115.00 The last one I bought was about half that price,
> maybe 3-4 years ago (approx. < 20k miles).

> Why do the EGR's cost go up? Are parts sellers looking at high
> frequency replacements and increasing the cost?

   If I had to guess (and I am) :-) I would suspect its a
supply/demand issue. Dodge stopped using EGR valves on our trucks
(and Rams, etc.) in 1996, so the base of vehicles which needs these
valves are over 10 years old now and the number is shrinking.
Possibly these valves just aren't being manufactured in the quantities
that they once were.

--
                                          -Jon-