Re: USB PC LAB Scope for automotive testing do they exist for ~ $200?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Tue Oct 02 2007 - 17:23:44 EDT

rws <rwsam2002@yahoo.com> wrote:

> http://www.picotech.com/auto/automotive_oscilloscope.html -- $650.00
> Automotive Scope

   Looking at the specs for that scope, its only capable of 10Mhz,
which is surprisingly slow; about comparable to 1960s technology.
That's the speed of some of the PC based scopes that I have looked at
in the past which use the parallel port or the sound card and were in
the $40 range; some of those were even able to muster 40Mhz, I think.

   Unfortunately, I don't know enough about the various kinds of
testing that would be done for specific automotive applications to
tell wether 10Mhz would be enough; maybe someone else can chime in on
that one.

--
                                          -Jon-