Re: RE: Idle

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2007 - 18:39:52 EDT

I do not know what IAC steps means. But I took my
throttle body off yesterday and cleaned it and the IAC
hole and plunger,and I did the whole thing in like 6
steps! :) While I had it off,I shone a light down into
the intake (this is on my 3.9 Workdak) and the sides
of the intake were oily. No puddles of oil on the
bottom,but it did have an oily film. Is that normal?
The truck doesn't ping,and doesn't use oil,but does it
indicate an issue?

The truck seems to idle better now,but it still
misses.

Thanks!

Steve P.

http://farechase.yahoo.com/