Re: RE: RE: Replacing O2 sensors on 2001 3.9L V6

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2007 - 20:34:10 EDT

I replaced the upstream O2 sensor (passenger side) on
my 2001 4.7 Dak in July due to an O2 sensor code. I
used a Bosch universal replacement,but I left about a
foot of the new sensor's wires (I made my connections
well away from the sensor). It took care of that
code,but I've had a P0442 code for a loose gas cap
since about a week after I changed the sensor.
Replaced gas cap with new OEM part,still have the
code. Is it possible that I'm getting a gas cap code
because of the 02 sensor not being a stock
replacement?

Thanks!

Steve P.

http://sims.yahoo.com/