Was: RE: RE: Idle,now V6 issue again..

From: Steve Preston (steveophonic@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2007 - 21:24:13 EDT

Thanks for the reply,Bernd.

I have replaced the Map sensor,plugs and plug
wires,pcv valve,swapped pertinent relays (fuel
pump,transmission) with non-essential relays. No
change. Yesterday cleaned TB,and reset PCM. No change
at all,except it holds steadier rpms at idle and just
off idle.

Still feels jerky under moderate to heavy load,almost
like going over bumps. Today and yesterday it ran
really bad,Tuesday it did well a lot of the day. (Same
weather,no gas fill-up,etc.) The Dak ('03) has 52,000
miles,so I haven't replaced the cap or rotor,but I did
inspect them very closely when I did the plug wires in
August,and cleaned a little oxidation off all the cap
terminals and "resprung" the rotor tip for a little
more pressure on the cap. No looseness or play in
rotor at all. Checked fuel pressure (49 psi) and
vacuum (let's skip that topic for a while - I think
it's good).

Like I said a while back,the transmission doesn't want
to upshift unless I back off the gas,and starts off in
second gear a lot,so my next plan is to change both
governor sensor and solenoid,and change filters. Hard
to believe the "missing" problem is transmission
related though,especially since the truck's issue
becomes severe with the air on,and since I smell the
cat under hard acceleration constantly.

Whew! Windy post.

I don't know where to go from here. Losing courage.
The only thing I can think to do is try to scope the
crank sensor while driving and see if I can verify
anything erratic with engine rpm. (The tach is too
damped to see quick response.)

Thanks!

Steve P.