RE: Printers (was: I'm home...)

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Oct 12 2007 - 16:32:29 EDT

On Thu, October 11, 2007 8:21 pm, Rick Barnes said:

> I love my HP K550 dtwn. I have the continous ink systems for all three that
> I own. Great printers.

Interesting. I've never taken a close look at any of their "pro" series.
>From what I gather, there's no print head that flies back and forth across the
page like regular inkjets, is that right?

The specs look really nice. As in, better than a laser printer nice, and this
is coming from someone who used to think laser printers were the ultimate.

Definitely something to keep in mind when I decide to get a printer again.
For now, I'm either just going to live with the inkjet, or figure out how to
fix this laser. I just have to decide whether I want to run the risk of
throwing even more money at it without any guarantee that it's ever going to
work right.