Re: So just who WILL be @ Daktoberfest?

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Tue Oct 16 2007 - 23:33:49 EDT

On Sep 23, 2007, at 19:46, andy levy wrote:

> On 09/23/2007 17:02, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
>> I've had my GPS for around 4
>> years now, and it is WAAS enabled. (I'm not sure what WAAS is or
>> what
>> it stands for and I am too busy to go look it up at the moment, but
>> there's always Google for that in case anyone is curious.) :-)
>
> Wide Area Augmentation System, IIRC

Yup. involves two geosynchronous satellites over the atlantic and
pacific in a higher orbit than the usual GPS cloud to increase
horizontal separation.

yeah, I've been busy.....

--
   +-- Mike Maskalans ---------------- Rochester, NY ----------+
   | '98 Dakota CC, SAS on 40s  '84 RamCharger 4x4, plow truck |