2004 Dakota 4x4 Shock Options

From: Kyle Kozubal (solocamxt@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2007 - 22:45:51 EDT

I have come to the conslusion that the stock shocks
(espcially the front!) are in bad need of replacing on
my trruck. Especially with the larger wheel/tire
combo......17,800 miles = bad shocks = pathetic!
----------------------------------

Bilstien does not list any shocks available for a 4WD
2004 Dakota! Odd, because they are selling them for
2004 Dakotas on Ebay....

------------------------------------

Pro Comp sells shocks in the ES1000, ES300, and the
ES9000 product line. They DO NOT offer any shocks in
the MX6, MX6-R, or MX2.0R line.

Pro Comp ES1000:
FRONT: 114515
REAR: 124509

Pro Comp ES3000:
FRONT: 314515
REAR: 324509

Pro Comp ES9000:
FRONT: 914515
REAR: 924509

---------------------------------

Rancho offers the following shocks for my truck:

RS9000:
FRONT: RS99029
REAR: RS99248

RS9000XL:
FRONT: RS999029XL
REAR: RS999248XL

RSX17000
FRONT: RSX17010
REAR: RSX17004

I am very glad to see the RS9000XL line is offered for
both the front end and the rear end, as they look like
a very well built shock.

Rancho only offers the RS5000 for the rear
application, for my truck. However, I have owned the
RS5000 line before, and would not buy them again.

---------------------------------

Edelbrocks lists their IAS shocks only being avaible
for up to 2003 4WD Dakotas, but I am sure they will
fit my 2004.

Performer IAS Series 4WD:
1997-03 Dakota (including Quad Cab)
FRONT: 3323
REAR: 3423

----------------------------------

What about the KYB, Monroe, and other brands? Any
other brands I should look into?

Kyle

2004 Dakota Quad Cab SLT
4.7L V8, Auto, 4x4, 3.55 Gears
Flowmaster 3" 40 Series Exhaust
Thru-Body Exhaust, K&N FIPK II Intake
Flometrics 70MM Billet TB, NGK Plugs
AirRam Power Wire, Jet Chip Stage II
Pro Comp 17X8 Series 8089 Wheels
Yoko Geolander AT+II 265/70R17 Tires (siped)
Leer QXL Cap, Rhino Liner, Billet Fuel Door
APC Clear Corners, Class IV Hitch
Vent Visors, Husky Foor Liners
Windows Tinted, Polk Speakers