Re: RE: Factory Engine, Run - In Procedure, Gasoline & Diesel

From: droo (03dakotacc4.7_4x4@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2007 - 19:15:26 EDT

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 12:37:43 -0400, Bernd D. Ratsch
<bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> The engines are bench tested (oil pressure and flow) and then installed
> into
> the vehicle. After installation and vehicle build, they are run at the
> factory for about 1 mile. Then, they arrive at teh dealership where we
> check them over and drive them for another 5-10 miles.
>
> - Bernd

Fascinating. My truck had 1 mile on it when I picked it up from the
dealer. I guess that would explain why they suck.

--
-droo

2003 Dodge Dakota Club Cab V8 4X4 Manual Transmission Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo's Can-Back Soft Topper Rhinoliner Alpine CD Head Unit w/ XM Alpine 6 3/4" Speakers Sony 8" Subwoofer Q-Logic Custom Fit Enclosure