Re: Re: No backup lights (me too!)

From: Ray Irons (rayirons@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2007 - 15:13:04 EST

--- Craig Faison <cfaison@magpage.com> wrote:

> Your reverse light fuse is blown.
>
> Somewhere along the line, somebody screwed up
> designing trailer harness
> kits for Dakotas. My '01 and my brother's '98 both
> have the same problem
> and our trailer wiring kits are different brands. As
> soon as I put the
> truck in reverse with a trailer hooked up (all five
> of my trailers do it)
> the fuse blows. My brother's truck is the same. I
> started to give it
> some thought a while back, but never really got
> around to it. I try to
> remember to pull the reverse light fuse when I tow,
> but I don't always
> remember.

My 98 does the same thing. I got the Hoppy's quick
connect kit (flat 4) and every time I hook up any
trailer to it, as soon as I shift into reverse, the
fuse blows. The last time it happened, I didn't have
he required 15 amp fuse and like you I didn't want to
put in a higher amperage fuse. I put in a 10 amp
instead until I get some more 15 amp one. The ten amp
works fine, it'll just blow quicker if any load hits
that circuit.

Ray