Re: 1" drop for front - 1.5" drop in rear

From: Mike Sykes (mikesykes@cox.net)
Date: Sat Nov 10 2007 - 16:36:07 EST

>>how can I get a 1" drop in the front, and a 1" to 1.5" drop in the
>>rear<<<

*lurk mode off*

from my experience dropping my 88', getting just 1" out front won't be easy.
Hacking at the stockers up front is not necessarily recommended, and some
states will flunk your states inspection if you cut em'. There are only a
handful of progressive rate springs out there for the Gen II and they all
drop a V8 a minimum of 1.5" (1.75 for CC's). The V6 springs will get you
juuuust over an inch of drop, but they handle like jello IMHO. You could
easily get a kit to get you 1.5 out front and 2" out back for cheap and get
a garantee on the parts. I'd say, get some Eibach's out front so you get
that nice progressive spring rate and Eibach quality and handling. Out back,
I would stay away from blocks and just get an adjustable shackle from
Western Chassis. It's adjust able 1, 1.5, to 2" so you can get that perfect
rake you are looking for.
Bring your friends and air chisle for the install.... those rivets and
balljoints are gonna' be no fun =)

-miggity
00' R/T CC... a mod or two or 9 =)