RE: piston slap?

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2007 - 18:38:42 EST

Tim,

Our '97 Stratus 2.4L developed piston slap over the years. It didn't
really sound like lifter clatter....it was a little deeper sound than that.
It would disappear as the engine warmed up. Never hurt anything though as
Dena raced it and we used it for long trips. Always performed fine and got
great mileage.

BTW, I have the original spare wheel and tire from my '92 Dakota for sale.
It was never used and has been stored in plastic in my garage. If you or
anyone you know would want this, I'll sell it pretty cheap just to give me
more space in the garage. It's a 15x6 wheel (6-lug) with the original
215/75/15 Goodyear tire. Basically, make some reasonable offer. :-)

I also have a 14" wheel (5x4.5 bolt pattern) for an older Mopar. It has a
BFG Radial tire on it but it's so old I wouldn't buy it for the tire...even
though it has very good tread. Let me know if someone could use
it...cheap! The wheel is in great shape! Again, make an offer (as in,
what's it worth to someone?)

Thanks,
Ray