Re: Fwd: NGK Sparkplug ? Sorry guys :-)

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 10:12:39 EST

David Gersic <info@zaccaria-pinball.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 13 November 2007 10:44 pm, Rick Barnes wrote:
>> What the heck is an E3?

> Probably these: http://www.e3sparkplugs.com/

   I have always considered multiple electrode plugs to be in that
grey, "scam-ish" territory, probably due to the marketing when
Splitfire first came out. Is there actually something to this, and if
so, does the increased fuel savings pay for the plugs? Anybody have
any real world data? Also, how much of a hassle are these things to
gap?

   At the E3 link that David provided (thanks!), E3 appears to be a
separate company, but from reading the earlier posts in this thread, I
got the impression that the e3 was a type of spark plug made by NGK.
Is the E3 link the same plug that you guys were talking about?
(That's why I took the time to look at the site, I figured if an
established company like NGK was using multiple electrodes, maybe
there was a chance that there was more to it than marketing hype.)
:-)

--
                                          -Jon-