RE: Fwd: NGK Sparkplug ? Sorry guys :-)

From: Ray Block (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Nov 14 2007 - 12:35:42 EST

And you should Jon. Then there's the Bosch plus-4. Nothing to them either
from my experience.

> Is there actually something to this, and if
> so, does the increased fuel savings pay for the plugs?

Considering Summit wants $6 a piece for them it would have to be a pretty
*substantial" increase.

It appears these plugs were originally designed for "small" engines and all
the documentation they offer pertains to such.

I *might* try one in my lawn mower or snow blower but that's as far as I
would go.

There's was too much BS in their claims. I've found that the more
documentation someone uses to promote their product, the more likely it is
they aren't telling the whole truth.

Here's a quote from their site:
"What was a new revelation for us during testing was that standard plugs
degrade pretty quickly, loosing up to 10% of their power after just 50 hours
of use (about 1,200 miles in a typical car)."

If that were true, then at 12,000 miles you should have lost 100% of your
power. Apparently none of my cars/trucks should be running!

Another quote:
"This is why racers have been changing spark plugs between heats all these
years.."

They have? Our '02 Stratus has over 50,000 miles on the original plugs, is
a daily driver, is raced all season, every year, and ran the same ET and mph
at our last event in October as it did over a year ago in similar weather.

I haven't changed plugs in my Dak for 4 years. I look at them once a year,
find nothing wrong, put them back in. (Autolite 3924...NO aftermarket
ignition system or coil!) Truck runs the same ET and speed it has all
along. I make about 300 strip passes per year and add about 2,000 street
miles per year to and from the tracks.

Surely these E3 plugs will solve all my problems. Anyone want to float me a
loan? LOL

Ray
'92 Dakota, 318, 12.98 @ 105
'00 Grand Cherokee 4x4 4.7L - 15.40 @ 85.10