Re: 5 Speed auto

From: Terrible Tom (silvereightynine@aol.com)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2007 - 00:39:08 EST

Azie L. Magnusson wrote:

> Did MOPAR offer A 5 speed(or 6 speed) Auto that has the
> 318/360 bolt pattern??
>
> "One of the hardest things in life to learn is
> which bridge to cross and which bridge to burn"
>
> Azie

Uhh - not tha I know of the only transmissions that I know of that will
work are a 44RH/E 46RH/E - why ya ask?

I googled "545RFE" and came up to a Wiki article that made me stop and
go ... hmmm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_45RFE_transmission

I knew that the "multispeed" autos that came out behidn the first 4.7L's
had two 2nd gear ratios - but it seems that was called the 45RFE - and
the 545RFE is actually a real 5 speed automatic - no longer with an
optional 2nd gear - - is this correct? If so - I will cheer and holler
because that concept of an optional 2nd gear ratio really erked me.

 From info I heard from others - that optional 2nd gear made for some
funky shifting habits, resulting in what was described as shifting delay.

That was a primary factor in me denouncing newer Dakotas.

Join Team DML!  SET@Home http://tinyurl.com/32g3q
TerribleTom - AIM & Yahoo: silvereightynine
http://www.myspace.com/silvereightynine
http://members.aol.com/silvereightyninej