Re: Lower Ball joints

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Sun Nov 25 2007 - 18:17:54 EST

Hey, T-Tommy!

<>You should not need to pull the hub/bearing units off Bob. then again
that's a Gen III so I guess I can't say for positive. But on the Gen I
and II's ya can change ball joints with the bugger on there still.<>

There's no way to get the ball joint press on the ball joint with the
transaxle in the way...Ya gotta get the bearing/hub assembly off to move the
t-axle...I followed the procedure in the Bible, & that's how it reads...
Like I said I'll get the local independent garage to attack it...too freekin
cold up here in the Northeast to do it outside...
I DID manage to ride the scoot to return the press to AZ...got it topped of
after I added the Stabilizer & she's on the tender til I need her...
I also got a new brake lamp switch installed, & changed the oil & filter, so
the day wasn't a total loss...

Bob (DAKSY) Smith
DAKSY2K on AIM
2K SY Dakota Sport +