Heater blower motor - high only

From: David Gersic (info@zaccaria-pinball.com)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2007 - 22:25:10 EST

Heater motor stopped having any working speeds except High yesterday. Searched
the archives, found that this is usually the motor resistor board. Stopped at
the local dealer over lunch today and picked up a new one.

Looked up the info in the archives on replacing this. It's wrong for my truck
('01 4x4 V6 extended cab). The archives say it's in an access hole under the
cowl, remove the wiper arms, etc.. It's not. On mine, it's in the passenger
side footwell.

Would have been a 10 minute replacement if I'd known that. Instead, I just
wasted three hours pulling the wipers and cowl off, hunting around in there
with a flashlight and mirror looking for this thing, and putting it all
together again.

The new one (made in Slovenia) looks like a completely different design from
the original. Cost me $18. Hopefully the new design is less failure prone.