Re: RE: OT-MP3

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Dec 07 2007 - 10:15:27 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> You can easily convert them...just need the right tool. :)

   Yep, I've never had to do it myself just because I've never had to
mess with a DRM encrypted file, but common sense tells you that as
long as you can listen to the file, DRM will never work. Its as
simple as plugging the line out of the computer playing the file into
the line in of another computer. Play the file on one computer and
record it as a WAV on the other, then convert it to mp3 or whatever
format you want.

   I don't see any way DRM will *ever* be able to overcome the above
limitation, thus any attempt at DRM is a failure before it even
begins.

--
                                          -Jon-