Re: RE: OT-MP3

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Fri Dec 07 2007 - 10:28:36 EST

"Bernd D. Ratsch" <bernd@dodgetrucks.org> wrote:

> You wouldn't believe how may times I see a customer vehicle with the MP3
> Player options and an iPod connected anyway (even on the MyGIG radio's with
> 20GB H/D's in them plus USB drive capability) - boggles the mind. ;)

   I download/record radio talk shows to listen to on my mp3 player,
and I will carry the player around with me, using a cassette adapter
in whatever vehicle I am driving, then if I go into the shop to do
some metal fabrication or something, I plug it into a pair of earmuffs
into which I have installed headphone speakers, or if I'm doing
something less noisy, I just plug it into the line-in port of my PC in
the shop and play it over the speaker system. Wherever I stop the
playback, I can turn the player back on and continue where I left off.
So, a CD wouldn't work for me for that reason, I suspect some of those
connected iPods may be for a similar reason, as well as for other
reasons folks have already mentioned.

   I actually installed an AM/FM/CD/MP3 player which also has USB
input and takes SD cards in my '70 Dart (there is something very wrong
about that) ;-) but I still mostly use the aux-in jack if I'm
listening to the radio shows. The CD/USB/SD card capability will be
handy when I just want to listen to random music though.

--
                                          -Jon-