RE: Recall Notice

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sun Dec 09 2007 - 18:15:17 EST

At 02:31 PM 12/9/07, you wrote:
>2000 Dakota 4.7L: Recall #890 - Trans Vent Tube, #849 - Trans Crossmember
>Brackets
>2001 - 2004 Dakota 4.7L: No Recalls for Transmission related
>2005+ Dakota's are the new body style - Bernd

Thanks all. I faintly caught the tail end of the announcement
on the radio news yesterday.

I have since found more detail in an article posted on one of the Canadian
Conservative blogger's website today.

Recall is for 2001/2002 Durangos/Dakotas and 2002 Rams.
Apparently, the transmission can still slip out of Park when the key
is NOT in the ignition. Owners of these models are advised to use
their emergency brakes until they have received the recall notice.
I think that 7 or 9 (?) injuries (no deaths) have been reported
so far.

Bob