Re: Recall Notice

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Mon Dec 10 2007 - 07:32:43 EST

Bob Tom wrote:

> I have since found more detail in an article posted on one of the Canadian
> Conservative blogger's website today.
>
> Recall is for 2001/2002 Durangos/Dakotas and 2002 Rams.
> Apparently, the transmission can still slip out of Park when the key
> is NOT in the ignition. Owners of these models are advised to use
> their emergency brakes until they have received the recall notice.
> I think that 7 or 9 (?) injuries (no deaths) have been reported
> so far.

Thanks for the info. Until we figure out for sure what's going on, I'm
gonna run outside and set the emergency brake, just for good measure.
Can't hurt.

Weird that it doesn't show up on any of the US computers. What, does it
only happen in Canada? This whole mentality of "that's a completely
different country, we can't listen to anything that they say on the
other side of the border" drives me bonkers. It goes both ways. It's
the same truck with a different speedometer.